FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Places of people who visit this blog

Monday, November 26, 2007

When I hear how some of the Youths are being treated I get really worked up!

When I was leaving Kisumu in the morning ran into a member of the KASOW youth group. He was telling me something that bothered me and wished they had told me before and I could have tried to help them. He said Boaz (John's brother) who has been a real dictator here had taken the 5 or 6 bikes that the GSI students (from UBC) left for the youth groups youth until they return. He showed me the documents the GSI students wrote and signed giving them the use of the bikes. Plus a letter to the Youths for the use of their laptop. I wished they had showed it to me before and I would have raised hell with KASOW that they couldn't take the bikes or the laptop as it was given to the Youth Group! I asked them why they didn't show us the documents before and he said they were scared of Boaz. I had my differences with Boaz but we kind of coexisted. It's probably not my concern anymore except I care for the people and youth group of Kenyawegi so I have to try and help them. So I'm going to send an email to John (in Canada) to let him know (if he doesn't know or maybe he won't scold his older brother)that Boaz is becoming a bit of a dictator. Also their sister Helen is starting to have a bit of a power trip too! They've told the KASOW Youth Group that KASOW is a family organization or something like that! Well I don't care but when I hear how the Youth and others are treated I have to help by telling people in GSI, the ones I volunteered with and KASOW Committee! All the volunteers who come here to help the Widows and orphans need to know the problems! KASOW only exists because like volunteers from UBC or the 8 of us who came for this session do fund raising and care! Yes John pulls it all together and does all the work and worry. However he has to get Boaz out of KASOW as he's a real trouble maker! I've heard that the volunteers in house have told Boaz they don't want him in the house. Great to hear! I thought coming over with this small Grass roots organization that things would be less political and run smoothly but can't escape politics! If I come to volunteer in Kenya again I'll come here and just stay with the villagers and work directly with them, the heck with the organizations. They all have their own agendas!

Like I said I should just forget it as it's not really my concern but I like those kids and people so it makes me mad! So what do I do when something gets me pissed! I let people know but this time I will be more diplomatic as I respect John but too bad I can't say the same for his brother Boaz lately!

No comments:

About Me

Project Team - John Agak, Lydia, Jessica, Katy, Angus, Tom kenyaprojects@gmail.com